Wednesday, November 19, 2014

When "existences" are "mistakes" !

Early morning I happened to check all the social media chaos. Twitter and Instagram are my favorite for the cause. Starting the day with some nice pictures at Instagram makes you feel awesome. Among many in the pictures' world there's a page @humansofny which takes you to the real world scenario. Some pics make you smile, some makes you sad, some ecstatic while some encouraging. Each brings different emotions as each talks of a real life story. And today when I was looking at the following picture, it left me back with so many unanswered questions. Some questions are so obscure that we are left back wondering; haunting for the answers.

This is her story where she speaks:

She says “I met my dad for the first time when I was fifteen. I visited him in Trinidad for two months during the summer. He met me at the airport and acted like he missed me more than anything else in the world. He ran up to me and lifted me in the air and started kissing me and saying how much he missed me. He carried all my luggage, and gave me money, and stopped by the supermarket on the way home to buy me all this food. He was introducing me to his friends like he was so proud of me. He’d say: ‘Look at my beautiful daughter,’ and things like that. It actually got me imagining how nice it would be to have a dad. Then at the end of the day, he dropped me off at my grandmother’s house, and I only saw him two or three times for the rest of the summer. The last night I was with him, he got really drunk, and he told me that I’d been a mistake. He was laughing when he said it, like it was a joke, and I should think it was funny. I pretended like it didn’t bother me, but it did. I thought: ‘So is that why you never wanted to visit or talk to me all these years?

This was such a heart wrenching truth, may be one or the other of us is always a "mistake"? Just the result of some intimate moments of thy parents/a couple. When our existence questions ourselves as a "mistake", how obscure the living becomes. May be I am a "mistake"? May be you are a "mistake"? May be we commit a "mistake"? and all these "mistakes" is our true self?

I am left back with some unanswered questions. Probably this is the sondering moment.

Metta !

And then @beeshalll came up with some amazing answers in the write "Existence are not mistakes, until we believe they are!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment