Monday, June 25, 2012

The Strength of Weakness

She gave me the A4 size paper with the heading on it written in bold letters Women-Power.

'And as the title tells, you have to write something on 'Power', 'Strength' and all such craps that shows the strong feminine side you know,' she was narrating me whole the story of Power-play.

'The way those women sustained their hopes, seek their way ahead and make their life more strong kind of things and this is how our story will go- A Power-Puff play,' she grinned and  moved out of my room and left me back with my thoughts.

She is the editor of the magazine I write for. She always got hold of me with the plot and narrated the whole stuff she wanted to get out of me.

'You need to present the women-power in much more bolder way OK,' she had just said.

Women Power/ Women strength was her favorite topic to talk upon and she never let go off a chance to tell that she was the model for feminism and was always taken as an idealistic women. 

But there she stood, wisely cutting all my feathers putting a break on my thoughts and not letting me fly. I was left aback wondering after every words of her, where do I stand in that Power-puff role for women in this whole world. I never see myself anywhere near to that crossroad either.

A thought strolls on then and again, I sigh over my situation, pity myself for a while and then again get back to my work. As always, though my hands are moving I feel like I am just narrating her story..Oops! a pain blew down my spine.

'Its been enough of it, how much and for how long would you want to have such a mediocre living,' a voice creaked from inside. 'How long will you lead a life of another person?? Nothing of your own and its been like you are heaving the baggage of rubbish on your head, that's just not the way, How come u do so huh??'

The low creak was now rummaging in my ears and it was like it could blow off my ear anytime.

'Enough of it Preeya, how could you indeed suppress your feels as such,' it was saying.

My mind got stunned for a while, felt like my feathers were being scratched more in this dumb world. I cried, sobbed, begged, but nobody heard. Yeah I was getting more vulnerable I knew, but this vulnerability was in someways giving me the strength now- strength to know myself, strength to gather my feels and the strength to move on ahead with a new zeal.

'Haah ! enough,' I cried out, wiped my tears, tore that  paper of my hand and moved outside the room.

'What happened Preeya?' I heard some voices calling after me, but who cares.

'I am out of it, out in the sky ready to fly again with the Power-puff women-spirit,' my inner voice squeaked....:)

Metta !!

A sudden extravaganza of thoughts
Image courtesy: Saarl

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I did not get what you are trying to convey!

    Language skill is good, I would say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wud probably say read it twice/ thrice to get on the clear picture of the story...;) Just kidding

    Well, this is an inner quest of a girl's feels/ thoughts and her doings and getting out of some bondages as I wud say :)

    ReplyDelete