Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Telling A Tale of Travel

Life indeed is a journey till it ends...Added one more of journey in a new conquest of the endless journey's so far...

It was on Monday last week, when I was planning for an International trip from Nepal to Nepal. Travelling is my passion and in fact who doesn't like to travel. With lot of thoughts/plans and amidst many confusions-dilemmas-and, the way our country was/is moving on I was excited for my travel. I knew ahead awaits an splendid life-time memory for me.

Well the excitement in all such woeful conditions was laid by the fascination of the travel stories told by my Grandpa. It has always been mesmerizing to hear from him. His travel stories to different parts of the country through India while there were inaccessible roads had always given me a charming impression and I was left aback wondering as a kid, how would it have been to travel for Nepal to Nepal through an International trip…;)
Well for me this had always been an [Undercover] dream. And well, there are many [Undercover] dreams which I dream with these eyes wide open till date..:)

Evening @Rupaidiha
Farwest Development region of Nepal had witnessed 18 days of band while I was planning for an international trip from Nepal to Nepal. Well, everyone of us was really depressed for such happenings [still unhappiness- unsatisfaction –agitation- tranquility and many more of woes continues while I am still writing these verses, as there's no name of any vehicular movement in and outside the city till this time]. But the other side of my undercover dream was really getting excited as apart from anything else there was a feel that I was gonna witness something different, some more of adventures which I thought may be I would not have whole my lifetime. Indeed Farwest Band has many different stories to tell and for me those 18 days band added one more story. Must enunciate the situations propelled me fulfill my [Undercover] dream...:) The 10 hrs journey from Nepal to Nepal through India had been really exciting and Well I can say now that I too have some fascinating travel stories to share to my grand-kids..;)..:)

When we left Nepalgunj on 14th May 2012 it was already 6 PM. We hurriedly headed to Rupaidiha [India] the border side area of Nepalgunj from where we were planning to have our trip started. As planned we were to go by bus which would have been a faster travel. However till we reached the bus stop none of the buses were there. So we had to drop our plan, to switch on to travelling by train. I forgot to mention that my uncle and two of his friends accompanied me. Well you always have a benefit of having a family member around you in an extended family like mine…J we then headed to catch up a train from Nanpara Station of Uttar Pradesh, India in a jeep. It was almost half an hour or mores' trip to the area and it was almost 8:30 when we reached there. Dinner, and ticketing was done meanwhile and we were set to leave the area at 10:30PM. Nowhere to go we sat at the station and waited for the train. The station was such a mess area that people would go sick if they had to stay there for long. We stayed waiting there for the train for more than an hour and chit chatting over the situation in there and in the country. People around us were busy eating, many where sleeping on the floor and situation as such was all around.
Messy Railway station
Our train was delayed by half an hour, so we could do nothing more than wait and hang around. At 11 PM, the train reached the station and we finally boarded in. Four of us got into the train gushingly and inside's scene was much horrified in that hot May night. Gosh everywhere from seats to the floor was packed with peoples and we were dragging our feet as such that we would not trample on any sleeping person on the floor. No seat was there to be found however, my uncle was much worried to make a seat, which he did do with the help of an unknown travelling friend. I forgot to mention that I was not feeling well from sometime back with some nauseated feeling, which was making situations more difficult for me. Nonetheless, I was lucky to get a seat in that hot summer night with the cab full of more than enough peoples. We were ordained to reach Pilibhit a place in Uttarakhand of India, from where Mahendranagar my hometown was nearby. In such hustle-bustle the train left the station and left aback were the memories of almost 5 days band of Mid-Western Nepal.
Silent Evening @Nepalgunj
I have had traveled by train earlier as well but this was one of its kinds and its charm was nevertheless the more. Slowly the engines started rattling and gradually we left the station.

Hot night; carriage full of peoples and darkness everywhere. Sometime one doesn't like the darkness, but it also at times gives so much of meaning. A mean never to be just fulfilled by words. Thoughts were rambling around me, I was not feeling much well and thus sleep was trying to grasp me down as it was already 11:30 PM. But nay I wanted to feel those very moments, of darkness of those different areas. Whenever the train was stopping in any station, it was getting more of hot and as it moved, things were better. With many of the thoughts moving around I was asleep and awoke at the same time. Moving as such the carriage was getting a bit hollow as people were getting down and finally 4 of our team members could get a seat as we were reaching to our destination. It was almost 6:00 in the morning when we reached Pilibhit station; I cannot tell how weak my health had been until we reached there. However, the morning sunrays and the feel to get to home gave some more of strength. On a rickshaw, we reached the bus stop from where we sat on a bus to Banbasa. It was again about 2 hrs trip from there and finally reaching Banbasa gave a great feel. We were around our area and it did not take much to reach to Mahendranagar from there.

The so called band was still prevailing in the city, but the good part was that the internal vehicles were still moving making life bit more easier. So on one of the tempos reached my destination, home sweet home..:) finally at 9 AM.

Yes, Getting to your nest, your abode is always a good feel and there's no best place on this earth than home. You simply are you yourself, your woes, your tensions, and all simply get at peace in here. Though ahead laid some unhealthy days for me, but I was there at my home…:)

Peace!!

Photo @Kanchanojha !


2 comments:

  1. You write so well. And this travel piece resonates with my recent travel piece. Please keep writing. I want to keep reading your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh ! thank you so much for your words :-) Inspired !

    ReplyDelete