Sunday, January 04, 2015

Illusions !

I wrote about the "Amazing World of Words" once. The world is literally an amazing place and words rules all over-I reiterate again. As I sit down to write this blog today, I remember I was told-I have been lazy in writing. I do not write any piece at all. May be yeas, that was how things have been moving. As I say this I remember another blog of mine where I tell about the difficulties I face while writing. And with these says of mine I would like to borrow the following words of Richard Bach from his famous book "Illusions". 

"It was a question I heard more than once, after
Jonathan Seagull was published. “What are you
going to write next, Richard? After Jonathan, what?”
I answered then that I didn’t have to write anything
next, not a word, and that all my books together said everything
that I had asked them to say. Having starved for a
while, the car repossessed and that sort of thing, it was fun
not to have to work to midnights.

Still, every summer or so I took my antique biplane
out into the green-meadow seas of midwest America, flew
passengers for three-dollar rides and began to feel an old
tension again - there was something left to say, and I
hadn’t said it.

I do not enjoy writing at all. If I can turn my back on an
idea, out there in the dark, if I can avoid opening the door to
it, I won’t even reach for a pencil.

But once in a while there’s a great dynamite-burst of
flying glass and brick and splinters through the front wall
and somebody stalks over the rubble, seizes me by the
throat and gently says, “I will not let you go until you set
me, in words, on paper.” That’s how I met Illusions."

This was how Bach met his great write "Illusions". My "Illusion" is yet to come :-)!

Metta ! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment