Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tits-bits of life- A story !

There were 10 missed calls when I got in touch with my cell. I returned back the call and without any formal words the voice from the other side said, 'Can you come over to my place today? I have made mo:mo, you always liked that no?'.

I could not help my smile and couldn't deny. 'I will be there in an hour,' was my short reply.

It had been 5 months we had talked to each other. Preeya and I are always like that; be it be the gap of months, days or hours but whenever we talked again it would always be the same informal, lovable one.

When I was at her place, a plate of hot mo:mo was waiting for me at the table. She had heard me talking to her mum downstairs and was not late for the stuff.  Mo:mos are my favorite always, hastily I began to eat. We had some regular chit chats, pulling legs-when suddenly she quietened.

With a soft voice she broke her silence,'how do you feel Suman, when you get punishment for the act which you have not done in your wildest dreams? The pain, the suffering you have to have for the act which was in no way yours. And more worse you even did not have chance to have your say,' Preeya said all of it in a breath.

There was a pin drop silence for a while.

'That is the wildest thing you could ever have imagined and I- I had to go through it,' she added with a gloomy smile tearing that silence. I could see the haze that had covered the glass of her spectacles. She was trying to act normal but it was getting tough for her, I could feel that as well.

'What happened Preeya?', I asked.

She was smiling again; it was the same painful smile I could sense.

'Just that sometimes you do not know what's happening around you and you get to be the victim,' she silenced.

She was trying to connect the dots, I could feel that. Yet she was in dilemma, dilemma for the unknowns happening to her-vulnerable in her own ways.

'Some random thoughts Suman- it happens to me, you know na,' she smiled again.

Silence creep in. 

Suddenly the thunderstorm bursted and broke the pin-drop silence between us. It had started raining outside- rain that we both loved. We looked at each other and smiled.. :)


Metta !!

0 comments:

Post a Comment