Friday, December 21, 2018

Mighty Matilda !

Dear Matilda :-* PC: @kanchanojha
The love for books never ceases and when Suman gave me to read the book "Matilda" by @roalddahl my ecstasy soared high. But like I stated in my earlier blog my reading habit has slowed down a lot. So, like always I started reading, loved the read but it remained halfway through. Today as I finish reading couldn't help writing a brisk review. Here's my take:

Matilda; the lead character is a five year old girl. She is a mesmerizing little girl with an appetite for reading. She reads book from Tolstoy to Shakespeare when kids of her age have hardly learnt words. Her mother and father, Mr. and Mrs Wormwood; however are shrewish and detest their own daughter. They least bother about her inborn talents too. 

As the story moves forward it takes you to the voyage of your childhood fantasies and the pictorial illustrations make it more profound. The story revolves around the shrewish parents, village, the library, school, different kind of friends a lovely teacher and a wrathful headmistress. Miss Honey plays the part of the lovely teacher, who is a pleasant and hardworking person. Miss Trunchbull, the headmistress is a shrewish woman. She is loud and wrathful throughout and never misses to bark on the small kids. With divergent group of people and unavoidable circumstances Matilda acts as a hero with aberrant power. The book has unexpected twists and turns, binds you till the end and winds-up on a happy note. I give a 4****

Happy reading :-)!

Find the review also at @Goodreads

Metta !!

0 comments:

Post a Comment